Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006, Davide Viti wrote:
> [2] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/font-snapshots/ttf-nazli-060121/arabic/console-keymaps-at_keymap_0.png

First, Davide, I would like to thank you for your work, that is really
precious and appreciated. I hope I can help you as much as possible so
you (we) won't loose too much time.

Second, looking at this screenshot, it looks OK from a glyph viewpoint,
but aesthetically, you may see that the first line (just under the
Debian logo) and the others Arabic lines are not written the same (or
with the same font). As you say the iso only contains nazli, this must
only be a bold/non-bold difference, but it is quite important.

Indeed, while the first is very readable and would be perfect for
Arabic, the second should really *not* be used for Arabic (and Persian,
I suppose) in the installer because it is not easily readable.

I hope this helps,
--
adn
Mohammed Adnène Trojette