Re: [G-I] Screenshots of the installer with 2.8.10

> Note: I saw that for persian the "aleph" character is not cut (was
> that happening for a certain screen?)

I guess so. In Extremadura I "handed" the very same image you used for
the screenshots to a Persian guy and he told me about the cut
aleph. Would be helpful if we knew which particular screen is affeted.

While we're on the subject:
I tried the special application kindly provided by Attilio but I don't
think it'll help to investigate the problem :(

(It's a sort of text editor made of a GTKTextView widget; since
there's no way
to paste any text into it and there's no way to read any text file
into it I don't
think it will help to find the problem)

IMO we would need to extend that application so that it can read in
the text from a file (nothing too sophisticated, maybe read a fixed
file "displayme.txt" everytime you press a "refresh" button).
If we want to make it even more useful I would also copy the text read
from the
file in the gray area (sorry but I don't know the names of widgets)
Here's a picture of my idea:

 +-------------------------------------+
 |				       |
 |  Text read from "displayme.txt"	       |
 |	*** "grey area" ***	       |
 |				       |
 |  +------------------------------+   |
 |  | Text read from "displayme.txt" 	   |   |
 |  |  	       	       	       	   |   |
 |  |  	*** GTKTextView ***    	   |   |
 |  +------------------------------+   |
 |     	       	       	       	       |
 |		       +-------+       |
 |    		       |Refresh|       |
 |    		       +-------+       |

This evening I'll see if gtk-demo has already something like this.
With such an application we could put in "displayme.txt" the Farsi
text known to be displayed wrongly.

Ciao
Davide

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat
Naviga senza limiti con l'unica Adsl a 4 Mega di velocità a soli 19,95 € al mese!
Attivala subito e hai GRATIS 2 MESI e l'ATTIVAZIONE.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/4flat_tc/