Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On 2/1/06, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 19:38, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > > freefont is the default font; I have seen that for indic scripts
> > > freefont is sometimes picked as the first font and screws up the nice
> >
> > Confirmed. When this happens, this is really ugly.....I have seen this
> > on the babelbox today...
>
> Do we know which glyphs are taken from freefont?
> AFAIK I stripped all glyphs we also take from other fonts from freefont in
> the freefont tarball we currently use, so this should not happen.

Don't worry; Yesterday I have managed to make some time and made a
language to range lookup table, so when somebody will try to test a
certain language he will be able to strip in only the glyphs needed
for that language. Also I made a language 2 font look up table.

I only need to make the script that links all the pieces together and
makes a set of fonts starting from a language and that will include
only one posible way to resolve a certain glyph in all the fonts; this
will allow us to make sure that what we see is indeed what we assume
it is (I had a really huge surprise when fc-cache :lang=XX showed
something while the real font was something else.

--
Regards,
EddyP