Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On Thursday 02 February 2006 07:57, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > while we're on the subject: I noticed that most font file include the
> > basic latin glyphs. This means that I'll recreate all those iso
>
> That's what I have been saying since the 21st of January... :-(
> Davide, good thing that now you finaly understand why I said that font
> stripping with --invert is so important to have ASAP.

We were of course aware of that and it's something we had not tackled on
purpose yet. As long as FreeSans is set as default, this should not make
a difference anyway.
The main issue ATM is overlaps in the non-latin areas, especially when we
want to take a specific range from a specific font.
Optimizing latin can wait till after.

For some fonts we even _want_ to keep latin glyphs...
Example CJK languages prefer to have latin characters in non-proportional
font and so should use latin chars from their own font instead of
Freefont.