Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On 1/31/06, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/31/06, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:
> > "nazli.ttf" seems to be ok with Arabic but whit Persian text near the
> > edge is sort of cut, and "On several occasion the letter "alef" was
> > missing from the texts"

Are we trying to remove overlapping unicode ranges ?
Does persian work standalone ?
Are there pango bugs outstanding agianst arabic and pharsi ?
Do you see the problems on the desktop with the x11 gdk ?

The directfb port does very little different from the x11 branch with
the fonts it almost
exactly the same code so I think the bugs may be in pango.

Mike