Re: [D-I] Please update your packages for Beta2 release

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 01:10:57AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> [2006-01-30 02:05]:
> > Is m68k part of the integrated linux-2.6 source package? If not, you

Yes, we are, unfortunately? They always jump to a new version whenever I
have something working for m68k...

> > probably have a bit more freedom over which 2.6 version you go with
> > for Beta2.
>
> Yes, and Christian Steigies has been doing some work on it during the
> last few days.  -4 should work on m68k.

Lets say -4 is buildable, but it did not boot on my Amiga, I got an out of
memory message, the kernel wanted to reserve 512MB... I have only one Amiga,
that is needed as a buildd, maybe somebody can help testing and fixing this?
Also on other arches... 2.6.14 works great on the Amiga, and I heard also on
a mac the keyboard is working, so it should be doable.

On d-kernel there is a discussion about an updated 2.4.32 package, which
would be great for m68k. Michael has patches for the Atari/CT60 which are
important for our two fastest buildds, this should be packaged, for the
installer, there are probably 100 people out there that are desparately
waiting for an installer that works on a CT60 (not that I had big problems
installing sarge with 2.2.25).

Christian