Re: debian installer and kernel 2.6.14 ?

Christian Perrier wrote :

> The only Debian Installer image you will find now and which use a
> kernel above 2.6.14 are daily builds which you find on
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer.
> I suggest you pick up a "netboot" image (NOT netinst).
> You have to make it install unstable by using the medium priority
> install mode:
> "linux DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium" at the boot prompt

It worked well to recognize my sata drive, but I was forced to install testing and not unstable. I choosed unstable in the prompted menu but after, I had an error message saying something like "the Releases file can't be found on CD-ROM for unstable". It's strange, as I was used a netboot CD and the connectivity to internet was alright ! I tryed with another mirror : same thing. So I was forced to use testing instead of instable... is there a command line to type in console with ALT-F2 in order to make the unstable installation work ? Maybe if I change the sourcelist + apt-get update ?

Because the SATA was OK but my network card didnt work when I reboot after installation. The installer use 2.6.15 but 2.6.12 is installed on harddrive. I thing that's why I have problem with my netcard, after configuration of /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/network/interfaces, "/etc/init.d/networking restart" fails with "ERROR while determining flags for eth0" or something like that... although lspci identify my netcard correctly.

So I don't know exactly why it doesnt work but I thing that with the unstable kernel (2.6.14 or more) it will work better.

--
SoUL