Re: Run d-i from an allready booted system?

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
Just a quick question:  Would it be possible to start d-i from an
allready running system, e.g. a booted live CD similar to knoppix?

I don't know the answer to your question, but...

The idea behind that is, that it would be nice to have the possibilite
to run a live system for testing purpouse, and if the user likes it
install a clean and pure Debian system.

...if your need is to test the installer without touch an existing
system, you could try with emulator like Qemu or Bochs (slower).
I use Qemu to follow the progress on the debian-installer, both the
traditional and the graphical one, and apart an obvious more slowness,
it works well.

Regards.

Cesare.