Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

On Monday 23 January 2006 16:00, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> Fortunately, on the way home from Extremadura I have tested the
> modification which I done to the fontforge stripping script[1] in
> order to be able to reverse selections. (By the way,
> after line 37 there should be a shift command - somebody, please, add
> it). The script works fine and I am confident that we will be able to
> gain some space while fixing the fonts issue for many languages, too.
>
> [1]
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/scripts/g-i/strip_glyphs.pe?op=bla
>me&rev=0&sc=0

I have added the shift for now, but I think your patch is not very nice

It searches the whole parameter string for the presence of the option, but
using a 'shift' if the parameter is present assumes that it is the first
parameter. This could lead to another parameter being removed instead and
maybe to the script failing.

Is a better solution for checking the presence of the parameter possible?