Re: Netinstall and kernel 2.6.14

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 05:58:54PM +0100, Marco wrote:
> On 1/3/06, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
>
> > And which version did you allready try?
> > AFAIK has the beta2 of d-i a 2.6.14 by default,
> > the daily-build surely do.
>

> Yes, the installer use 2.6.14 (and finds my hard disks), but the installed
> kernel is 2.6.12. So I need to **** install a package before the first
> reboot **** (this could be a better title for this thread).
>
> The package must be installed on the *new* system (mounted under /target).
> So I can't use dpkg or apt-get which would install it on the current system
> (the temp system used by the installer).
>
> I need to know the commands used by the netinstall process to install deb
> packages on the new system. So I could
>
> - download (from unstable) the 2.6.14 kernel package (
> linux-image-2.6.14-2-386_2.6.14-7_i386.deb) and install it on the new system
>
> or
>
> - request and install linux-image-2.6.14-2-386 as with apt-get (this would
> be better).
>
> Netinstall experts, please help!

Once the install is finished, and when it asks you if it is ok to reboot or
whatever the message is, go into console 2, chroot /target, and download the
sid 2.6.14 kernels and install it, and maybe fix your bootloader too.

Then go back to console 1 and continue as usual.

Hopefully etch beta2 will be based on the new 2.6.15 kernel which is currently
going to unstable.

Friendly,

Sven Luther