Re: RocketRaid 1820A not recognized :(

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:32:48AM +0200, roger.salminen@lfv.se wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm just in the progress of installing three fileservers at work. the setup is as follows:
>
> Intel Avalon MB
> P4 3.4GHz
> 2 GB ram
> DVD-RW
> RocketRaid 1820A
> 2 maxtor 200Gb Sata disks in Raid1 (system disks)
> 6 maxtor 200Gb sata disks in Raid5 (filearea)
>

> The problem is that the debian-installer in sarge doesn't recognize
> the raid adapter and leaves me with a "No hard drives found".
>
> On RRs homepage there is an installer manual for woody (30r2),
> were the installer has the menu option "Preload modules from a floppy".
> But I cannot find this option in sarge.
>
> So if anyone has any ideas on how to get the installation working...
> PLEASE let me know...

We are willing to help you. But realize that you are the guy with the
hardware.

Tell us what you can read when the F1 key is pressed at the splash
screen. I think the F7 screen will also be helpfull.

If you allready have been there, then please take the above obviously as
a free bonus :-).

I have no time to search for "RRs homepage", please provide an URL.

AFAIK supports the debian-installer loading drivers from additional
floppies, but I don't know how the activate it, my guess is the expert
mode. (documented in F3 )

> best regards
> Roger S

Keep us informed