Re: initramfs generator selection (was: Re: r33348 - trunk/packages/base-installer/debian)

> Currently the question is asked at high priority to allow users some
> flexibility when they encounter problems. When the generators have
> stabilized and we know what arches/configurations are supported best by
> which tool, we can either set single defaults or drop the priority to
> medium.

s/can/must..:-)

Given that the question is really technical, I would even suggest to
drop the priority down to low.....

> I have set the defaults in line with what's currently actually supported.
> When the klibc issues have been fixed, these should be updated.
>
> I have today added some error handling. I'm unsure if we should break off
> the base-installation on errors or allow the user to continue (which
> would install the generator the kernel-image package depends on) and
> allow him to try to correct errors manually.
>
> A review of the templates I added would be welcome.

When I saw them appearing, I didn't cared that much because I didn't
notice they are used at high priority. Anyway, they seem quite OK. The
short description is not easy to write and even less easy to translate
(initramfs and initrd on the same line is kind of a challenge for
languages where everything is translated...:-))).

Up to now, I didn't come with something better so I think they should
be left as is.