Re: initramfs generator selection (was: Re: r33348 - trunk/packages/base-installer/debian)

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 02:17, Frans Pop wrote:
> For now I've set both yaird and initramfs as options, which I think is
> best in the current situation where both tools still have issues in
> certain situations.

Currently the question is asked at high priority to allow users some
flexibility when they encounter problems. When the generators have
stabilized and we know what arches/configurations are supported best by
which tool, we can either set single defaults or drop the priority to
medium.

I have set the defaults in line with what's currently actually supported.
When the klibc issues have been fixed, these should be updated.

I have today added some error handling. I'm unsure if we should break off
the base-installation on errors or allow the user to continue (which
would install the generator the kernel-image package depends on) and
allow him to try to correct errors manually.

A review of the templates I added would be welcome.