Re: re-examining localisation setup for the second stage

Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Here are some localisation-related packages that are installed by
> > debootstrap:
> >
> > console-common
> > console-data
> > console-tools
> >
> > 	I assume that these are still useful in setting up various
> > 	keyboard and display stuff and it should work the same as it did
> > 	when we had base-config, so I think we should keep these until
> > 	the kdb stuff is ready.
>
> Yes, definitely. Anyway, as far as I have understood, kbd will at the
> minimum use stuff from console-data.
>
> We can probably *not* install them for languages which anyway are not
> properly supported at the console, ie "category 3" languages.
>

> > 	Hmm, localechooser will also install this on some (most? all?)
> > 	systems. Would it be better to leave this out of what
> > 	debootstrap installs and have localechooser install it if it's
> > 	needed?
>
> Yes, especially because of what I mentioned above.

Aj, if you're up for more debootstrap tweaking, can you arrange for
console-* to not be included in the base system? As mentioned above, d-i
will install it on systems which need it.

Should just be a matter of tweaking the overrides.

--
see shy jo