Re: Interaction of EVMS and installer

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 04:55:29PM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I would like all the disks on my system to managed by evms.  Most will
> probably by reiser file system.

To each his own.  I like my data safe and uncorrupted thank you very
much.  I will stick with ext3.  XFS and reiser hurt too much.

> Any advice about how to proceed?

I wish I did.  Everytime I tried to play with evms it gave useless
meaningless (to me) error messages giving no clue as to what I was
missing so I gave up on it.

> P.S. The reason I'm interested in making all my "partitions" under
> EVMS is that snapshotting doesn't work properly otherwise, as I've
> discovered on my current system.

Hmm, I never have tried snapshots so far, since I haven't needed them,
so no idea how LVM2 does those.  evms looks neat but seems like too much
work to get integrated with the system since it isn't a standard part of
the kernel.

Len Sorensen