Re: Glitches with install from daily build

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 07:01:08AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Ross Boylan (RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org):
> > Copy edits: The first two lines ("Unable to...") have comma splices.
> > It should be a period or semi-colon where the commas are.
> > The second line needs a period at the end.
>

> Hmmm, I'm afraid I don't really see what you're talking about here...

Right now I see
Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Unable to correct dependencies, some packages cannot be installed

That should be
Unable to correct problems.  You have held broken packages.
Unable to correct dependencies.  Some packages cannot be installed.

The two commas in the original join indpendent clauses; they should be
periods or semi-colons.  The last line lacks a period at the end.

Hmm, I guess this is an issue for the underlying package; I'm not sure
if that's dpkg or apt.

Ross

P.S. In general, where should issues that come up in install, but are
derived from other packages, be reported?  Another issue I ran into
was that my clock got reset.  The computer's clock was on the correct
local time.  I told the time zone setup (not sure what package that
is) to use UTC.  My time ended up 8 hours later, I think.  I'm in
California, 8 hours ahead of UTC.  I'm not sure there's a good
solution to the problem, however.