Re: need to try install with latest kernel

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 00:38 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 02 December 2005 00:08, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > I gather a 2.6.14 installer might be a tricky thing to do.  Last month
> > had a long thread on using 2.6.14 in the base install phase.  I gather
> > it's not easy, and I guess using 2.6.14 in the earlier phases, which is
> > what I need, is even harder.  I also understand that kernel-package
> > assumes devfs, and that's not present in the leading edge 2.6 kernels.
>
> We are currently in the process of switching to 2.6.14, but only for the
> Etch version of the installer (current daily images [1] for x86 and
> Sparc).
> This will not be backported to Sarge (at least not officially).
That's good news.  I'm using the etch installer.
Are you saying that the daily images (I'm using x86) are already on
2.6.14, or just that it's coming?  Any idea when?

Also, just to double check, will this switch affect the early stages of
the installer?

Thanks.