Re: Failed making boot-CD with aic79xx driver :(

Lennart Sorensen 写道:

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:00:09AM +0800, Zachary Wu wrote:
I just make the ko under 2.6.8 source tree, it's same to the ISO's
kernel. it's not a "random" source.
I think u do not clearly know what I had said.
I download the driver source and build it under 2.6.8 source tree, got a
aic79xx.ko, put it into ISO, then "Invalid kernel format"

You must use the debian kernel-source package from sarge, AND you must
yes, I apt-get the kernel-source-2.6.8, stable version

use the config used for the installer kernel as your .config if you want
any chance of getting a working module.
I think it's just the reason why I got a "Invalid module format".
Where can I find the config used for the installer kernel?

And the same compiler version of course.
The compiler is the version from Sarge install ISO. I don't know if it is the same version what is used for building the installer kernel

Len Sorensen

At last, I think I should connect the writer of the installer CD. But I can't find who is the man :(