Yaird, grub and d-i should also support dmraid devices.

Package: yaird
Version: any
Tags: upstream, patch
Severity: normal

As dbug:335230 this should help bringing to yaird the boot support for dmraid
devices.

As you all know dmraid is now in debian, should be nice to add support for it
also in partman (d-i) udeb providing and in grub, I done it manually so
should be possibile to also patch grub-install to handle it. Also d-i should
be trivial.

CC:ed also maintainers of grub, dm-raid and d-i for seeing their interest in
supporting this task and asking this question :

" Should I fill also bugs for grub and d-i (for yaird I'm like little
authorized) ? "

---  begin yaird only part ----

I know that evms support is unfinished yet, but I got this code working!
It actually booted my dmraid system, it seems that my perl skills are
growing :-)

It is someway dirty and has poor RC checking, but works, at least worked for
me.

Patch included, diffed from yaird-evms archive from the above dbug page.

Feel free to include in upcoming yaird 0.12 :-)

--
ESC:wq