Re: Cannot preseed a locked password

Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel@users.sf.net):

> a stupid question, but why is the password specified twice? I know that
> this is important for interactive input to avoid typos in active
> passwords. Isn't it a good idea to drop passwd/user-password-again
> and to replace it with passwd/user-password? It's all the time visible
> in the preseeding file ...

I don't exactly see your point here, Jens.

Do you mean we shouldn't ask for a confirmation password or we should
re-use the passwd/user-password variable twice?

Both a re actually impossible:

-we have to ask a confirmation. All sensitive information like a
 password have to be confirmed. Bu tI guess you weren't suggesting
 that

-the text of the confirmation template is different so we must use a
 different template