Re: FW: [directfb-dev] Cairo

> i think this too.
> I also think we should push for CAIRO DFB backend to be included in
> standard CAIRO libs and for GDKDFB libary to become part of standard GTK
> libs.
> This way packaging GTKDFB 2.8.x for the debian-installer should be
> easier and GTKDFB should get more revisions from more people and so
> become more stable.

I'm not much in this business but if some of you guys are in closer
touch with the GTKDFB people, it's probably worth enhancing to them that
the future version of the Debian Installer will use their software.

As Eddy said, this will obviously give it a lot of exposure and we
might be able to have some influence on either their release
schedules....or the included features.

It would even be nicer to have some of the core developers of it
participate here....or people from the D-I team participate in the
GTKDFB development.