Re: FW: [directfb-dev] Cairo

Eddy Petrişor wrote:
On 11/3/05, Viti Davide <Davide.Viti@siemens.com> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: directfb-dev-bounces@directfb.org
[mailto:directfb-dev-bounces@directfb.org] On Behalf Of Mike Emmel
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 2:54 PM
To: directfb-dev
Subject: [directfb-dev] Cairo

Hi all I talked to Keith Packard about the Cairo Directfb backend and he
said they would welcome it into the mainline cairo release or we can put
a blurb about it on the cairo website.

I think getting it into the mainline cairo release would give a lot of
exposure to directfb but wanted some feed back here before moving the
driver.

Debian using it will give directfb a lot of exposure, otoh ;)

i think this too.
I also think we should push for CAIRO DFB backend to be included in standard CAIRO libs and for GDKDFB libary to become part of standard GTK libs. This way packaging GTKDFB 2.8.x for the debian-installer should be easier and GTKDFB should get more revisions from more people and so become more stable.

ciao

Attilio