Re: installer with 2.6.14 or...?

> > And no, I'm not going to stop saying this to you as you seem just as
> > little inclined to respond to repeated requests from us to stop whining
> > about this.
>
> yeah, whine whine whine, in the meantime, what action is being taken ? Nothing
> that i see about this, and as in many other cases, you chose just to ignore it
> because it is not convenient to you, or whatever.

Or maybe just becaue noone has the needed time...

I'm afraid this is the main reason for which what you suggest hasn't
been implemented.

>From my experience in past years with D-I development, the whole load
of keeping things on their track is always on a few shoulders, which
is not a so bad thing...but has a few drawbacks...one being that good
things may take time to implement, even when they're technically obvious.

I'm pretty sure that what you talk about is perfectly taken into
account...and just a little patience is needed.

On your side, I may understand that this new feature of udebs
autobuilding is of high importance for you and you're desperately waiting
for it.

And I'm also sure it is for D-I release managers...who probably don't
like to see the issue raised again (which Frans emphasises by
"whine").

I suggest everyone to settle down: this will certainly happen and will
happen, as usual in Debian and free software, "when it's ready"...and
more especially when someone will be ready to do it.

We are a good team...let's continue to be one. As there's obviously
hard times getting agreement between Frans and you, I suggest you both
take care of not keeping things too far on that topic. Remember: mail
is very bad for crisis communication.