Re: installer with 2.6.14 or...?

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 07:24:35PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 November 2005 19:09, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I personally would appreviate if the .udebs where upoaded all together,
> > instead of in random disorganised order. Joeyh, you told me at debconf
> > that it would be a no brainer to implement an automated rebuild and
> > upload, is this still of actuality ?
>
> Would you please stop bringing this up every other week?

Frans, i asked a serious question here, why are you always jumping at me for
everything i say ? This is getting quite bothersome.

Seriously, get a live, and don't feel agressed each time i mention something,
you perfectly know that building the kernel .udebs is a sore point, from all
the way back when we needed 1 month to get the kernels updated. The kernel
team has no brought this time down tremendously for the kernel part, but the
udebs build are still dependent onto individual porters showing up or not, to
work each of the individual 12 packages for each arch. This is subotpimal, and
you know it, i talked this with joeyh in helsinki, and he mentioned if it was
only that the problem, the builds could easily been automated, and i am asking
about progress on that point now, since the 2.6.12 to 2.6.14, with the
problems involving ramdisk and devfs and whatnot are probably as good as any a
time to get a more streamlined kernel .udeb builds going. At worse joeyh can
ignore my post, or reply he hasn't had time to think about it or whatever, but
having you bitch at each of my posts sure as hell doesn't help.

Friendly,

Sven Luther