Re: r31763 - trunk/packages/apt-setup/debian

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 10:25:48AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >  Default: true
> >  # This template is used by the Ubuntu version of d-i.
> > - Some non-free software has been made to work with Ubuntu. Though this
> > - software is not a part of the main Ubuntu distribution, standard Ubuntu
> > - tools can be used to install it. This software has varying licenses which
> > - may prevent you from using, modifying, or sharing it.
> > + Some non-free software is available in packaged form. Though this software
> > + is not a part of the main distribution, standard package management tools
> > + can be used to install it. This software has varying licenses which may
> > + prevent you from using, modifying, or sharing it.
> >   .
> >   Please choose whether you want to have it available anyway.
>
> Hmm, this is the same now as apt-setup/non-free would probably read if
> the Debian branding were removed from it...

I wasn't sure and thought it was best to keep it separate to start with
(my initial version did use the same template). It's arguable that there
might be a slightly different emphasis in the Debian text versus the
Ubuntu text since Ubuntu installs a few non-free kernel drivers by
default (hence Default: true).

I don't mind it being merged if that turns out to make sense. The fewer
templates to translate, the better.