Re: Today's i386 netinst (20051006): still secure apt failure

On Thursday 27 October 2005 19:55, Joey Hess wrote:
> > There was a question if we could not use a cdrom: source line at that
> > point. I've tested running 'apt-cdrom -m add' and that works fine.
>
> Won't that result in the CD being mounted twice, both inside and
> outside the chroot? I thought we had a reason to use the current system
> instead of doing that. Will it work with all our kernels? It seems like
> a rather risky change to make at this point.

Your comment's just too late. base-installer already uploaded.

Well, given a choice between working CD-ROM installs and working hd-media,
I'll choose CD-ROM...

Anyway, I've used the -m option for apt-cdrom, avoiding the umount/mount
stuff it does by default, so I have a faint hope it will work with
hd-media as well. I've tested it for CDs and that works OK.

Will give hd-media a go too (good excuse to test usb support in vmware :-)