Re: Usability issues for the GTK graphical frontend, categorized and updated list

> >See debconf-devel(7) where Joey gives quite the same advice.
> >

> I think missing extended descriptions are no longer a problem if the
> qestion's extended description is displayed exactly above the question
> itself.

You can't be reasoning with a specific type of display in mind. The
same template has to be correct for all interfaces and no assumption
should be made on the way the template will be displayed.

One very strong requirement is that short descriptions have to be
enough by themselves and extended parts are only there to add more non
vital information *when needed*.

So, well, assuming, in the template wording, that one part is
displayed above, below, next, or very far from the other, is by
definition wrong.

An,d, yes, this makes wording quite difficult..:-)