Re: Usability issues for the graphical frontend

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 09:09:14AM -0700, Eduardo Silva wrote:
> --- Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> [..]
> > - it'd be nice if you could "select and continue"
> > with double click
>
> If you do this, please think it over before releasing
> it with etch. While it is convenient, and works like
> the newt interface, it would be a feature that no
> other graphic list of choices have. Thus, it would be
> hidden to the user, and could lead to unexpected
> behaviour from the user's point of view, if, for
> example, he acidentally double-clicked on a selection.
> If we could give some visual cue that this happens
> with double-click, then that problem would be gone.

Realize that shy users wouldn't try to double click.

Murphy's law teaches us also

  Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it

Please aim at a smart user[1] and implement[2] double click

GSt

[1] some one that can that wants a computer, not a home entertainment system
[2] I have no clue about the amount of effort it takes