Re: please help on m68k dailydi failures

Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> I need some help from one of ya'll smart people. The daily build for one
> of the m68k initrd's is failing [0] because.
>
> | E: Couldn't find package nic-shared-modules-2.2.25-mac-di
>
> [0] <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/build_nativehd.log>
>
> However, the latest linux-kernel-di-m68k package has
> kernel-image-2.2.5-mac-di which provides nic-shared-modules.
>
> $ dpkg -e upload/kernel-image-2.2.25-mac-di_0.67_m68k.udeb
> =>
> | Package: kernel-image-2.2.25-mac-di
> | Version: 0.67
> | Section: debian-installer
> |  This package contains the Linux kernel image for the Debian installer
> |  boot images. It does _not_ provide a usable kernel for your full
> |  Debian system.
> | kernel-version: 2.2.25-mac
>
> So do I really need to upload an empty nic-shared-modules udeb or what
> else should I being doing?

Well, nic-shared-modules != nic-shared-modules-2.2.25-mac-di. Inside d-i
tools like anna know that the one is equivilant to the other when the
right 2.2.25 kernel is running, but apt in the build system does not
know about that.

Also, we use apt to download udebs but then manually install them from a
list with udpkg, so it probably wouldn't work even if you got past the
first issue.

Is there any reson you can't remove the nic-shared-modules line from
pkg-lists/ntivehd/m68k.cfg? Or if you need it there for 2.6, use:

nic-shared-modules-${kernel:Version} [2.6]

(Do note that I don't have any plans to sync the new m68k kernel udebs
in to testing and we want the d-i tree to continue to build against testing.
If you want me to sync those udebs in for the beta I can.)

--
see shy jo