Re: GTK frontend - New milestone reached

Frans Pop wrote:

With the help of excellent groundwork and instructions from Davide, I have successfully created a cdebconf-gtk udeb compiled against libraries created from Alastair's gtk+2.0-directfb0 source package.

With that, the only major thing currently missing is the option to build the frontend against official gtk+2.0-directfb0 library packages.

Alastair: can you give us a status update on this?

I've just uploaded a new version of gtk+2.0-directfb that includes -dev and .deb packages. With these, it should be possible to build the frontend.

They haven't been fully tested yet, but I'd like comments and testing please. The libgtk+2.0-directfb0.deb package puts the libraries into
/usr/lib/directfb so as to not conflict with gtk+ on a build system, and
-dev then depends on these.  Ditto the includes are placed in
/usr/include/directfb/* ; the .pc files for pkgconfig reflect these
changes and should just work.

Comments particularly welcome on the locations/ paths, etc.  they differ
from the normal tarball in order to not conflict with standard X gtk+
libraries; this I think is the least invasive and surprising place to put
them, but other suggestions welcome.

Regards
Alastair

Cheers,