Re: beta release update

Sven Luther wrote:
> > FWIW, Joey and I agree and Joey is separating the manual from the
> > installer itself as I write this mail.
>
> So, why did you need to go into the sven-bashing in the above paragraph ? You
> say i am completely stupid and have no idea what i speak about, and now that ?

I think that what Frans was trying to say was that we've been aware of
these issues with the manual for some time and have been working on
splitting it out of the d-i package since before Oldenburg.

So more talk about it, let alone large quantities of bile and flames
are just useless noise that this list doesn't need. Especially when
people arn't sure of their facts as with --

> Well, the other possibility for this would be for poxml and stuff to change
> the poxml and other non-arch-dep stuff to use :
>
>   (7.6 of the debian policy)
>   Build-Depends-Indep, Build-Conflicts-Indep
>       The Build-Depends-Indep and Build-Conflicts-Indep fields must be
>       satisfied when any of the following targets is invoked: build,
>       build-indep, binary and binary-indep.
>
> If you had used that since the begining, things would have been much easier
> for the porters and all.

That's never been a very viable option since the debian-installer-manual
is not arch indep and served the dual purpose of keeping the buildds
happily building the non-deb parts of d-i.

--
see shy jo