Re: beta release update

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 10:05:51PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 07 October 2005 19:27, Sven Luther wrote:
> > poxml is only needed for documentation, which is arch: all and will
> > never be used on hppa. Just get ride of the dependency, or install a
> > dummy package of that name.
>
> Would you please refrain from giving advise in an area where you are not

Would you please calm down now anbd stop this haughtiness ? I am now expecting
apologizes from you and am rather pissed at the way you constantly get
bashing, and over reacting on this and the kernel stuff. If you say i am not
qualified, i expect you to shut your mouth on anything kernel related, and not
go screaming murder and trying to override us when we deal with the removal of
kernel packages.

> qualified? Both Joey and I are much better informed and perfectly capable
> of dealing with issues like these.

Ah, yeah, i would really have appreciated if you had dealt with this when the
powerpc builds where silently broken for various consecutive days, but the
only comment i had was :

  Add the builddep on poxml back in that was removed completely unnecessarily by
  svenl

unnecessarily, yeah, sure, and after i get remarks from joeyh that the powerpc
builds are broken, and please fix them, thanks a lot. Soon i will again be the
guy who singlehandledly delayed the whole release by a week, thanks all the
same, i don't know why i continue bothering with debian-installer stuff at
all, and you are complaining that porters are not helping, but i can see why
there is no interrest in it, if it is for being threated like shit. and i
don't need to tell the state you left the powerpc d-i in when i had no time to
look after it after the sarge release.

> > Having d-i depend on kde (poxml is a kde package, right) is not a good
> > thing for this kind of builds :)
>
> FWIW, Joey and I agree and Joey is separating the manual from the
> installer itself as I write this mail.

So, why did you need to go into the sven-bashing in the above paragraph ? You
say i am completely stupid and have no idea what i speak about, and now that ?

Well, the other possibility for this would be for poxml and stuff to change
the poxml and other non-arch-dep stuff to use :

  (7.6 of the debian policy)
  Build-Depends-Indep, Build-Conflicts-Indep
      The Build-Depends-Indep and Build-Conflicts-Indep fields must be
      satisfied when any of the following targets is invoked: build,
      build-indep, binary and binary-indep.

If you had used that since the begining, things would have been much easier
for the porters and all.

Friendly,

Sven Luther