Re: bug administratif... (administrativ bug found...)

(Removing some ccs including leader@d.o.)

Colin Watson wrote:
> Also hotplug in the installer rather than discover, which could easily
> make a difference to hardware detection (and shifts more of the burden
> to the kernel, so kernel versions are more likely to make a difference
> to what hardware is detected). I've contributed that code from Ubuntu
> back to d-i so that it can be enabled by building the initrd in a
> different way, but I can't make the decision for Debian on whether to
> use discover or hotplug. This makes it quite difficult for me to deal
> with mails that say "Ubuntu can detect this but Debian can't; why
> haven't you contributed these improvements?", because in many cases
> there's little more I can do.
>
> (It's true that I didn't manage to get the hotplug stuff into d-i before
> sarge released, though. Mea culpa.)

Is all the hotplug stuff (ie, udebs) actually ready to go now in sid?
Last I heard, there were still some udebs to be put together.

Also, will it work on all arches (I imagine it won't on m68k/2.2), or
will we need to use hotplug on some and discover on others?

--
see shy jo