Re: D-I IRC meeting?

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 07:29, Christian Perrier wrote:
> A lot of work has been done on D-I since then, even if the plans for a
> release at the end of July vanished, probably because of manpower
> shortage.

IMO the main reason is things not progressing to testing currently. We
have really been waiting for the 2.6.12 kernel to arrive in testing.
There has also been some breakage in several places (both in the build
system and in installations) related to transitions and the new gcc-4.0
compiler.

All in all the daily builds have just not been stable enough to really go
for a beta and although we have done quite a bit of tracking down of
issues, we are now waiting for problems to be solved in the packages d-i
uses.

>  - sarge installer releases (let's try having Joey Schulze this
>    time...or this could be discussed live at Oldenburg)

I think Oldenburg would be a good option for this and probably more
productive.