Re: How to provide drivers to the installation

On Monday 29 August 2005 07:10, Rainer Koenig wrote:
> Is there any HowTo around that explains how I can create a custom
> installation image? So far I always went with the images I can
> download.

You should probably start by getting an SVN checkout of the Sarge branch
of d-i [1]. Actually, you will first need a Sarge environment to work in.

Your main interest is probably getting a custom kernel [2] onto the image.

Building debian-installer will only get you a kernel and initrd. To
actually create CD images, you will need the debian-cd package (which is
not a very easy tool, but feel free to ask for help when you get there).

There is lots of other documentation available in the repository (e.g. for
kernel-wedge) and on the WIKI [3].

Cheers,
FJP

[1]svn co ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/branches/d-i/sarge
[2]http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-installer/installer/doc/custom-kernel.txt
[3]http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstaller

P.S. I've CCed you so far, but it would be nice to know that you're
subscribed to the list