Re: Unable to enable IDE harddisc DMA on VIA KT 880, VIA VT 8237 chipset

Talk to the mkinitrd maintainer. That is not something D-I intern and
also has to happen right on every kernel update.

initrd-tools are maintained by debian-kernel@lists.debian.org

Otherwise, I wonder if there is a document or FAQ which this point and
the other ide_scsi poings could be added to? Perhaps other Debian users
are experencing these problems after their Sarge Install not completly
setting up working DMA IDE drives, and DVD-Writing.

If you can't find one then start one and make it known.

I found the release notes. that is the best place for these sort of FAQ

I will write a separate email and add you to the CC.

thanks for your help.

Kind regards