Re: debugging the gtk fe

I'm still having problems finding out where the gtk fe crashes;
it must somewhere in the init code of directfb (rather than the
fe itself)

I tried the following to see if I could get more infos:

strace  debconf -o d-i /usr/bin/main-menu
read(13, "INPUT medium debian-installer/ma"..., 1023) = 40
write(12, "30 question skipped", 19) = 19
write(12, "\n", 1) = 1
read(13, "GO\n", 1023) = 3
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation Fault) @ 0 (0) ---

my setup environment is the following:
* qemu running official sarge netinst (I'm launching debconf from
the busybox shell on vt2)

* gdb attached to qemu (which was run with -s)
* gdb debconf (on the host machine)

this is the last line in debconf.c before the crash

153		confmodule->communicate(confmodule);

if you have any ideas on how to find out where the code crashes it will be
very useful

thanx
d.

PS: here's the error in case you were interested
http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/dfb_2.7.2-0_err.png