localechooser - Comments and proposals

I tried localechooser yesterday and below are some comments/proposals I
would like to implement during debconf. I am posting them now so we can
reach consensus on what (not) to implement beforehand.
If there are other suggestions, I'd also like to hear them.

- "C" option should be at the top of the language list and not sorted.

- After "C" option, country selection should still be possible to help
  with keyboard, mirror and timezone configuration.

- Country selection should be split into two questions:
  area (continent) and country (#275577).
  The current list is too long to be usable with the text interface
  (s390, speakup floppies). As most country selection is either default
  or from a shortlist, only a few users will actually see the extra
  question.

  the main menu.

- Locale selection list should also show the encoding (like you see
  with dpkg-reconfigure locales).

- Review the way "@euro" support is currently implemented.

- "Extra" locale selection should not allow to deselect the default locale
  that was selected in the previous dialog.
  Maybe this dialog should only be shown at priority "low" and not at
  priority "medium"?

- Enable localechooser for s390 (with C locale default, but country
  selection enabled).

Cheers,
FJP