HP pavillion ze5000 keyboard hangs during installation

Hi
  I downloaded the netinstall image from

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/rc3/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

I burned it as an iso image and tried to install on HP Pavillion ZE5000.

At the installation prompt I have tried the following different options

(a) linux
(b) linux26
(c) expert
(d) expert26
(e) linux noapci nolapci

In all the above configurations, the boot cd starts fine but the keyboard becomes unresponsive after some time. I cannot change to ctrl-alt-f1 etc., because the keyboard becomes unrecognized very soon. Due to this, I am unable to install Debian on this laptop.

Any other ideas as to what I should try? I have searched google but found no solution to this problem.

thanks in advance
raju