Re: cdebconf X_SETBACKTITLE command

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 03:40:14PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > I wonder if it might also be worth implementing INFO with no arguments,
> > to clear the info and go back to blank (in the case of cdebconf) or
> > gettext("Debian Configuration") (in the case of debconf)?
>
> I think that's reasonable, but it should also be reset when deconf
> starts a new confmodule, as is currently done with the title. This will
> need to parallell the default_title calls that are currently in debconf,
> I haven't looked at cdebconf.

I've done this, and checked in the result.

I'm unconvinced about this resetting, though. Doesn't resetting it at
the same times as we reset the title defeat the ability to, say, set an
info message during an upgrade to say "System update"? I thought part of
the point of info messages was explicitly *not* to get reset when a new
confmodule connects.