Re: GTK frontend, global progressbas support proposed

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 13:25, Colin Watson wrote:
> One unresolved issue is that the main-menu progress bar should be
> controlled by main-menu itself, not by cdebconf, which means that it
> still needs to look good even if the frontend doesn't support multiple
> progress bars. In practice this probably means that the main-menu
> progress bar should be ignored by such frontends. I can't think of a
> solution for this off the top of my head, although I haven't thought
> about it for very long.

Another issue could be that not all menu items need to be chosen for the
installation to complete, so the question is if these should be counted.
Examples are:
- For i386 there are 3 options for bootloader installation; only one will
  be chosen by the user.
- The menu items "Shell", "Set debconf level", "Check CD integrity"

Cheers,
FJP