Re: GTK fe: some toughts, some questions

Quoting Attilio Fiandrotti (fiandro@tiscalinet.it):
> Hi
>
> tonight i tiried to commit but experienced the same problems others had
> too;  anyway tomorrow i'll try to upload again the sources; can i also
> upload the testcase on svn?

Yes, certainly.

Too bad you have been hit by the passwd auth problem on costa. This
problem is really becoming a big annoyance (we have many many
translators who rely on passwd auth because the SSH key feature of
Alioth does not spread SSH keys to costa).

I'm not completely sure about the appropriate place for the test
case. Maybe the "people" branch in SVN?

Experimental stuff has been put there by many people, including me (I
should clean this out some day, by the way).

I hope you'll be able to manage commiting, spossibly with the help of
others (I've seen that Davide Viti is trying to help you for
that...that's fine because you can do it in your own language).
The installer i18n will certainly highly depend on the graphical
interface, so I'm really expecting to have something working (even if
badly) in that area.

Please start thinking about the methods to include *fonts*. We will
probably need many to support all languages such as Hindi, Thai
and CJK languages.

We also need to have a working Pango library as, AFAIK, this is the
library responsible for all test rendering (Bidirectional for
Arabic/Hebrew, combination stuff for Hindi, Thai....).

All this, with the size constraints of an installer...will be quite a
challenge..:)