Re: [D-I] The impact of a new language on Debian Installer

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:36:46PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Martin Quinson (martin.quinson@loria.fr):
>
> > And, concerning the l10n space consumption, what about pruning extra
> > translations when udebs are extracted?
> >

> > When flaming me for proposing already discussed ideas or other reasons,
> > consider that I'm not on -boot and may have missed something ;)
>

> Well, this idea is floating around for some time. I think it comes
> initially from Petter...and probably just needs someone doing the hard
> work and implementing it...:-)

Well, I don't even know which program is in charge of unpacking the udebs
(yet), but I can give it a try. It's not trivial since all translations are
in the same files, I guess, but it ought to be doable.

> /me thinks about sending you and Denis Barbier alone on holidays in a
> very rainy place, some day..... I wonder what would be said by the
> DPL about such use of Debian's money...:)

I was thinking about going to HEL, but my second boy birth is planed for may
20. So, I guess I'll have enought to do this summer. Next year, I think.

Bye, Mt.