modify netinst

Hi there...

I have a question on the netinst (sarge), can I drop some non required
.deb's from the cd pool?

for example: can I drop the whole pool/main/p/ppp*/, recreate the
Package file using apt-ftparchive, create a new Release file, a new
md5sum.txt.. and use this modifyed cd after?
Because I tried to do exactly this, but when i try to install from this
new created cd, the Installer will give me an error because he can't
find the ppp packages; but I drop them and recreate the Release Files.
so, why the Installer is searching this Packages? Where the Installer
has the his base-files list? Isn't it the
dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages?

thanks a lot
mS

--