Re: In dialup install, nameserver addresses not written to resolv.conf

I sent this to the wrong address initially.

  Tony Rowe writes:
  > For "Configure the Network" a list of ethernet cards (drivers) is
  > presented.  I select "none" as no ethernet card is installed in my test
  > system.  Apparently this leaves the new system without an
  > /etc/resolv.conf file...

  And there is the bug.  I don't think pppconfig should create
  /etc/resolv.conf: the admin may have removed it for a reason.  Besides, I
  can't change pppconfig now anyway as it's frozen.

  It's probably too late to make any package responsible for
  /etc/resolv.conf, but the installer could 'touch /etc/resolv.conf'.
--
John Hasler