Re: Can't boot floppy on PowerMac G3

--- Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > > Maybe you can do netbooting using tftp? Try "boot enet:"
> > > in OpenFirmware.
> > I guess that's the next step, but I was under the impression
> > netboot doesn't work on Old World.
> It certainly works on 7200, which is oldworld as well.

Well, it'll get its IP address via bootp, pull down the kernel
fine, then say "Loading ELF" and drop to a Default Catch error.
This is true of the kernel images in 2.6, 2.4 and minimal
netboot/2.4.

Is there some way I should be pointing at the initrd? Right now
I just have it sitting uncompressed in /tftpboot (as initrd)