Re: [Patch] Typo corrections

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 08:20:10AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> the attached patch fixes a lot of typos such as s/can not/cannot/,
> s/seperate/separate/ in documentation and partly in code comments.

"can not" is not a typo, it is valid English.

> Since it's only a trivial fix I suggest to apply it in Sarge trunk as well
> if possible.

Particularly because many of these changes are trivial release-wise
(imposing a questionable style guide on others' changelog entries?
spell-checking scripts but not documenting the change in debian/changelog?
changing "can not" to "cannot", but ignoring comma-splice grammar errors on
the same line?  English spell-checking of other language manuals?), I don't
think this patch should be committed to the sarge branch in its entirety.

The documentation fixes are appropriate to commit to the sarge branch, of
course, but hand-edits to auto-generated files like an autoconf configure
script, OTOH, are not appropriate on any branch...

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer