Re: Problem installing debian linux

On (30/03/05 19:56), David Turner wrote:
> I am currently trying to install debian linux on my x86 box.  I have created
> the floppy disk images of rescure.bin, root.bin, and copied linux.bin to
> another disk.  I have successfully booted the rescue.bin disk, but then to
> start the install, if I insert the disk which I copies linux.bin onto, I
> says it's loading linux.bin, but then it gives an error, "Boot failed:
> please change disks and press a key to continue."  I have never used debian
> before, and don't really understand what all the disk images are for, and
> what's involved in the install
Woody is not the easiest install and is quite old.  Sarge, the current
testing release, is soon to be stable and the new sarge debian installer
is a great improvement:

For some info on the 3 flavours of Debian, look at:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/debian_choosing_distribution.html

Although it recommends 'stable', testing is currently not far away from
stable and it will get you started.

Regards

Clive

--