Re: Kernel panic: No init found

On Saturday 26 March 2005 18:40, R. Earl Warren wrote:
>  Since then we have been working with our rescue floppy disks and with
> our CD disks [debian GNU/Linux i386 - 'Woody' 3.0r2], which we had
> purchased from www.AboutDebian.com.  However, during this past month we
> have been unable to boot from our CDROM.  The drive is connected by
> both the power & data cables and appears to operate properly when the
> unit is powered-up [the green light flashes].

If you're no longer able to boot from the same media you originally
installed from, the most likely cause is defective hardware. Have you
checked your RAM (e.g. using memtest86)?

Also, this is more a question for the debian-user mail list. The subject
of the debian-boot mail list is development of the new installation
system for Sarge [1], not support for boot problems or Woody
installations.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Cheers,
FJP