Q: Debian preseed settings + base-config

Hi all,

I'm working on an automated Debian installation using the
sarge-i386-businesscard.iso image.

I have in my preseed files the following:

  debconf      debconf/priority           string  critical
  base-config  base-config/intro          note

However, when the system reboots to finish the installation, base-config still
stops at the "Debian base system configuration" menu, with "Display
introductory message" highlighted.  I thought the above settings were supposed
to prevent that.

I've confirmed the debconf settings by switching to another vt and typing the
following commands:

  # debconf-show base-config | grep intro
    base-config/menu/intro:
  * base-config/intro:
  # debconf-show debconf | grep priority
  * debconf/priority:  critical

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Peek